Thursday, November 19, 2009

Blogger Boggle!

This morning I began my mornings internet check by going to my blog - My Camera's Eye. There I have listed my favorite blogs to visit and that's where I "depart" to read their daily listings.

Imagine my surprise to get a message saying the blog didn't exist! Seems the Blogger link spam robot has flagged it as an offender. "Link spammer"...I don't even know what that means.

So I go to the dashboard and request that it be unlocked. I get an auto reply saying they will look at the blog and let me know the results. That's good, BUT, HOLD ON! They are going to send the results to an email address that I NO LONGER HAVE! Great, just great.

I check my account and that old address is NOT LISTED as my contact email address. Why did the auto reply list that?? Now what?

So, since a simple answer or a direct link to a Google person is nowhere to be found, I had to resort to posting a question on their "help" forum....and oxymoron, if there ever was one! Do I really expect the Help forum to help - honestly, NO. It's never helped me before..... I must be an eternal optimist to keep trying.

UPDATE; November 23. Still blocked, but I found this message at the dashboard:

**Blogger's spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog. (What's a spam blog?) Since you're an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not a spam blog. Automated spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and we sincerely apologize for this false positive.

We received your unlock request on November 19, 2009. On behalf of the robots, we apologize for locking your non-spam blog. Please be patient while we take a look at your blog and verify that it is not spam.**

Moving at a Snail's Pace seems to be Blogger's speed too.... unless there are a lot more blogs out there they've screwed up and are having to fix them all.

No comments: