Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Might Be A Curmudgeon

It's Saturday morning, I'm chilling out, checking my email, thinking about getting in the shower, etc, when there's a knock at the door. Who would be so RUDE as to knock on my door at this hour and on Saturday morning??

All the dogs ran to the door, I peeped out the window - Bible Thumpers! HOW RUDE!

I thought briefly of flinging open the door and let the tide of dogs flying out the door sweep them away. I amused myself awhile on that thought, then remembered that I'd have to go outside and round them up as they made the round of the yard checking rabbit smells and that I would have to tackle Diva and drag her out of the brush pile in the ditch.

Nope, I just went back to what I was doing and left those ding dongs cooling their heels at the door. The dogs then decided to add their opinion with loud barking and, like a miracle, the thumpers jumped in their car, whizzed out of my driveway only to cruise across the street to harass my neighbor and all his company. I hope he cussed them out in German.

I know I'm not the only person who gets aggravated by these holier than thous who show up uninvited and think they are going to come in your house and you be happy to see them. Is there a sign on my door that says "Lonely old bat desires any kind of company" ? NOT!

Maybe this is some new "suffering for Christ" idea?? They show up, get cussed out, doors slammed in their faces, dogs sicced on them and that's their suffering. Hey, bring back self flagellation! I don't care if YOU suffer, don't make me suffer, too!

No comments: