Monday, May 18, 2009

The Domino Effect

It all started the morning I went off to my agility practice with Guy. I'd stayed about an hour and a half and came home to find the terrible two - Prize and Magic - had demolished the cushion to my leather chair. Unrepairable damage!

Yes, my furniture is becoming rather ratty, but it's so comfy!!!

Since I'd planned on getting rid of the love seat, I was resigned to a new chair, too. Meanwhile, I just put one of the love seat cushions in the chair. It doesn't fit that well, but it'll do until I get a new chair. (The love seat, sans cushions, is fitted with dog pads so the old guy can get up on it.)

The next morning, I was back in the computer room trying to finish up moving my dog club's website from Geocities-Yahoo over to Google's new free sites. (Did ya hear that Yahoo/Geocities is booting all it's free website folks? Of course, you can upgrade - that means PAY them. Our little club doesn't get enough traffic to warrant a paying site, so we have to move.)

Anyway, I hear a ripping noise coming from the great room. I jumped up and flew in there in time to catch the devils in the act of tearing up yet another cushion! I put their hinnys in the kennel and they stayed there most of the day. I was so mad!

Fast forward a week and I decide to go look at chairs. While I'm down that way, I decide to go to LensCrafters to see if they'll put my new sunglasses prescription in my regular glasses. These glasses have been the sorriest glasses I've ever had. I thought they were supposed to be scratch resistant - they weren't. No one told me at the time I bought them....from LensCrafters!

Of course, LensCrafters won't upgrade the glasses without an eye exam. I don't have that much time, so I leave and start visiting furniture stores. Finally, after sitting in about 50 different chairs, I decide that what I really want is a Lazy Boy chair, so off I go to their store - and they are having a sale! Goody!

I go in the store, decide to change off my sunglasses and discover to my horror that my glasses case is missing. Danged, danged, danged!

I find a chair I like, put it on layaway and go home to check on the pups in the kennel. I call all the stores I went to in the hopes of finding my glasses case. No luck. Now, I HAVE to buy new glasses. I am NOT going all the way back to LensCrafters.

I decide to go to WalMart. I have to have an eye exam - $60. I find some nice frames - $38. I pick the better frames ( I notices ALL WalMart frames are scratch resistant!) and each are $75. A whole lot cheaper than LensCrafters.... of course, I have to wait a week on them, but that's okay.

Later that night the phone rings......Its the guy from Ashley Furniture and they found my glasses case! Wouldn't ya know it??? I keep telling myself that I needed new glassses anyway.....

No comments: