Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Drama of the Dremel

I use a Dremel to grind the dog's nails. I'm lucky if I get two years outta one before it croaks - Ridgeback nails are like steel and there's just only so much that the motor on one can take.

Last month, my hand held Dremel bit the dust, so off to Lowe's I went to get another one. I did one round of dog nails and my foot calluses with it. (Works good for that, BTW) Yesterday, I got it out to do the pup's nails. It roared to life, then died when I touched the grinder to the nail. I cut it off, tried again, and again, and again.... You get the picture.... Going nowhere fast.

I decided the battery was low, so I charged it over night and tried again this morning. Nope, it did the same thing. I called the customer service number and I could either send it for repair OR try taking it back to the store. Since I'd only had it less than a month, I decided to try the store.

Of course, I couldn't find the receipt, but I remembered using my newly found Lowe's card which had been lurking for God-knows-how-long in my jewelry box. Thank goodness for that card! I had used it! I got the Dremel returned and bought a new one, came home, charged it up and it's working fine - so far.

No comments: