Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dukan Diet Tips

As I promised my FaceBook buddies, here's a few tips that have helped me stay and not stray from my diet:

Pure Protein bars: From WalMart or Target or Vitamin Shoppe: My favorites are the Chewy Chocolate Chip and S'Mores bars. These are great to stuff in your purse just in case you are stuck away from home and are craving something chocolate like. One of these and a Coke Zero and I'm a happy camper.

Oh, Yeah! bars: From Vitamin Shoppe. I haven't seen them anywhere else, but this is Mobile and you might have them at one of your local stores. My favorites are the vanilla, peanut butter and mint wafer bars. I keep these in the frig because they tend to be a bit "melty"...and they are just plain yummy cold!

Truvia: From Walmart or most grocery stores. Unlike aspartame, this doesn't have a bitter after taste. I use in in my plain yogurt. You can use it in your coffee, tea or what ever beverage you like sweet.

Jerky. From any grocer. This is a great packaged item you can take along to work or in the car for a quick protein, low fat snack . One of my triggers to snack is reading, so I snack on jerky instead. Keeps my mouth occupied and out of mischief.

Calbee Snapea Crisps: I LOVE these things. I found them first at Walmart, haven't seen them since. I just bought them from Amazon and Vitacost and had them shipped to me. Great for the crunchy munchy cravings!

Sugar free chocolate syrup and sugar free strawberry syrup: From any grocer. I can drink skim milk if it's really cold, but a dollop of sugar free chocolate syrup makes it a bit special. I like the strawberry mixed with plain yogurt for an afternoon or late night snack. If it ever gets cold again, sugar free chocolate in hot milk for hot chocolate. Yum.

Oh Yeah! drinks: Jennifer likes these when she's in a hurry to get going in the mornings. I'm not such a fan, but you might be. I have tried the Oh Yeah! and Pure Protein drinks and prefer the Oh Yeah! drinks.

Caesar dressing: I've found that this won't mess up your diet to use on salads. They do have a good "mayonnaise" like recipe in the book, but I'm bad about forgetting to make it ahead of time. Along with mustard, it makes tasty "deviled eggs", too.

Fluids: Although the diet says water, coffee, tea, diet drinks, Crystal Lite, etc work well, too. Drink lots!

Olive Oil PAM spray: Even though I bought two new non-stick pans, I've found that spraying the Pam before making galettes to be helpful. Also, smaller galettes are easier to turn over than the bigger ones. You can store them in the frig and use them to wrap around cooked ham lunch meat... sort of like a burrito.. for a snack or lunch.

No comments: